COMFORT, HERITAGE AND NOTHING BETTER.
Nothing as fly, nothing as comfortable, nothing as proven—the Nike Air Max 90 stays true to its roots with the iconic Waffle sole, stitched overlays and classic TPU accents. Fresh materials update the design while Max Air cushioning adds comfort to your journey.
- Originally designed for performance running, the Max Air unit in the heel adds unbelievable cushioning.
- Padded, low-top collar looks sleek and feels great.
- Rubber Waffle sole adds a heritage look, traction, and durability.
- Stitched overlays and TPU accents on the heel and eyestays provide the iconic ’90s look you love.
- Foam midsole
- Shown: Anthracite/Dark Grey/Cool Grey/Black
- Style: DC9388-003
Nike Air Max Origins
Revolutionary Air technology first made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Air Max 1 debuted with visible Air technology in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air cushioning—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.